Guiding families through all aspects of divorce in North Carolina

Attorneys at Raleigh Divorce Law Firm

You Can Make Modifications To Family Law Orders

If you need help modifying a divorce or family law order, the Raleigh Divorce Law Firm can help. We represent clients who are seeking modifications of family law orders, including orders regarding:

  • Child support
  • Child custody and visitation
  • Spousal support (alimony)

To speak with a family law attorney at our firm about a modification, contact our North Carolina law practice.

How To Request A Change In Child Support

Courts may modify existing child support orders if the party seeking a modification demonstrates a substantial change of circumstances. A substantial change is defined by North Carolina law as a change that would result in a 15 percent increased or decreased child support award. Contact us to learn more. We represent clients who are seeking increased child support and clients who are seeking a decreased child support obligation.

What You Need To Know About Child Custody And Visitation Modifications

To modify an existing custody or visitation order, you must prove that a substantial change has occurred, and you must establish that the modification (change) of custody or visitation is in the best interests of your child, or children. We have experience in cases involving allegations of abuse, parental neglect, chemical dependency issues and other key issues impacting the welfare of children. We also provide assistance in cases in which a change in an existing visitation schedule is sought because of a change in a parent’s work schedule or because of the needs of a child.

Amending Spousal Support Payments

If your financial circumstances or the financial circumstances of your former spouse have changed significantly, and you need to speak with a family law lawyer about a spousal support modification, we can help.

How to Change Spousal or Child Support

Discover how to change a family law order to benefit your visitation or child support concerns. Contact one of our skilled modification lawyers today at 919-256-3970 or contact us with this convenient email form.