Preserving Your Assets And Wealth During Divorce
Division of assets is one of the most important steps in any divorce. When high net worth assets — such as closely held businesses and investment portfolios — are involved, the stakes are even greater.
High-asset divorce raises unique considerations. Valuing certain assets — such as investment properties, trusts and complex compensation packages — requires an intricate and sophisticated analysis. Issues surrounding spousal and child support may also be more complicated.
At the Raleigh Divorce Law Firm, we are committed to protecting your financial health during and after divorce. Our lawyers have helped individuals throughout central North Carolina leave their marriages in the most financially secure position possible.
Over the years, our firm has represented clients with a wide range of assets, including:
- Family and closely held businesses
- Professionals with complex compensation packages such as profit-sharing arrangements and commission-based salaries
- 401(K) plans and pensions
- Stocks, bonds and other investment assets
- Income-producing properties
Protect Your Financial Well-Being During Divorce
Our goal is to help you protect your assets and leave your marriage with financial certainty. This requires three steps:
- Accurately identifying all marital assets — Property owned prior to marriage, as well as inheritances and gifts received during the marriage, may be deemed separate property and not subject to division.
- Accurately valuing marital assets — Complex properties require careful analysis. Our attorneys are highly skilled in asset valuation. We also have a wide network of professionals, such as certified public accountants, real estate appraisers and tax advisors, we can call upon to assist with asset valuation.
- Developing a creative and effective legal strategy that protects your financial health — Your financial health is our No. 1 priority. We always attempt to resolve property division disputes out of court, saving you time and money. However, if an agreement cannot be reached, we will go to court to protect your financial interests.
Valuing a client’s business interests is especially complex. Not only must the value of the business’s assets be examined, but also its potential cash flow.
The Experience Of A Past Client
Being a “high-income” earner, the guidelines for divorce go out the window. Heather and her team helped me navigate the complex landscape, creating strategy and solution. Ironically, it worked out for me and my family in the best possible way. My [ex] and I could focus on co-parenting and raising our child.
How Do You Maintain Your Living Standard? Ask Us How
Do not let divorce jeopardize your financial health. Contact our law firm online to schedule a consultation or dial 919-256-3970.