Raleigh Divorce Law Firm
Get help resolving family law issues now. Call for a consultation:

July 2017 Archives

How custody is determined for unmarried couples with children

Divorcing couples aren't the only ones who have to deal with child custody issues. Nowadays, many couples decide to have children before getting married or decide not to get married at all. When unmarried couples with children separate, they will have to determine who the child should live with and who will be making decisions involving the child.

Helping Raleigh residents with child custody arrangements

The divorce process is likely one of the hardest things you will ever have to go through in your life. If you have children with your spouse, the process can be even more difficult. You and your ex-spouse may not agree on what is best for the children in terms of where they live, what school they should attend and how often they should split their time between the two of you. You may also disagree about child support and how much your ex-spouse should be receiving for this.

How can I modify my child support agreement?

If you have children with your ex-spouse, it is likely that one of you is paying the other child support to help provide for the children after the break-up. Typically, child support is awarded to the party who has physical custody of the child. But, what happens if you have an agreement in place and you need to change it? In certain cases, the courts will allow you to modify your child support agreement to lower or increase the payments owed. Procedures for modification are different and depend on whether your child support amount is established in a contract Separation Agreement or in a court order.

Schedule A Consult

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Email Us For A Response

8341 Bandford Way, Suite 1
Raleigh, NC 27615

Phone: 919-256-3970
Fax: 919-256-3971
Raleigh Divorce Law Firm Map