You Can Make Modifications To Family Law Orders

If you need help modifying a divorce or family law order, the Raleigh Divorce Law Firm can help. We represent clients who are seeking modifications of family law orders, including:

  • Child support modifications
  • Child custody modifications
  • Visitation modifications
  • Spousal support modifications

To speak with a family law attorney at our firm about a modification, contact our law office in Raleigh, North Carolina.

Child Support Modifications

Courts may modify existing child support orders if the party seeking a modification demonstrates a substantial change of circumstances. A substantial change is defined by North Carolina law as a change that would result in a 15 percent increased or decreased child support award. Contact us to learn more. We represent clients who are seeking increased child support and clients who are seeking a decreased child support obligation.

Child Custody And Visitation Modifications

To modify an existing custody or visitation order, you must prove that a substantial change has occurred, and you must establish that the modification (change) of custody or visitation is in the best interests of your child, or children. We have experience in cases involving allegations of abuse, parental neglect, chemical dependency issues and other key issues impacting the welfare of children. We also provide assistance in cases in which a change in an existing visitation schedule is sought because of a change in a parent's work schedule or because of the needs of a child.

Spousal Support Modifications

If your financial circumstances or the financial circumstances of your former spouse have changed significantly, and you need to speak with a family law lawyer about a spousal support modification, we can help.

Contact An Experienced Attorney

From our office in Raleigh, we serve clients throughout Central North Carolina. To schedule a consultation with a Raleigh family law attorney at our firm, call 919-256-3970 . You may also contact us by email.